Poll; Tape drives

Duncan MacGregor dbmacg-HLeSyJ3qPdM at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 27 20:55:54 UTC 2008

On February 27, 2008 02:54:42 pm Madison Kelly wrote:
> Quick, informal and terribly unscientific poll...
>
> 1. Do you still uses tape drives?
> 2. If you were looking at a new backup system, would you want to use
> tape drives?

"Why *would* someone choose to use tape these days?"

Indeed. I have not used tape since the brand new, never used tape that I had
purchased to back up a client's system disintegrated in my hands.

The failing tape had been made  five years earlier, and had never been used.

Never again.

--
Duncan MacGregor    --- Toronto ---