Poll; Tape drives

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 27 19:54:42 UTC 2008

Quick, informal and terribly unscientific poll...

1. Do you still uses tape drives?
2. If you were looking at a new backup system, would you want to use
tape drives?

The reason:

Back when I wrote the first version of TLE-BU, I had a lot of people ask
if it supported tape drives, or if I would add support for tape drives.
I decided back then that, in the next version, I would add support for
tapes.

Now that time has come and I am trying to determine how much of an
interest people still have in tape drives. Is it worth the (relatively
considerable) effort to add support for tapes in this day of cheap
"disk" storage? Why *would* someone choose to use tape these days?

Thanks all!

Madi