MS office & Open office compatibility issue

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 25 03:32:45 UTC 2008

Hi pals,

I wonder if there is someone out there how have found a work around on
this problem. If you happen to be using open office and editing a
document in collaboration with some who is using MS office, the paging
get really messed up.

For example, you have a 3 pages document in OO, send it across to
someone who  uses MS office, the document will have around 2 1/4
pages.  This of course is not good, as the person across may think you
are not serious.  I have looked at the fonts, line gap, anything that
can lead to different page size with no luck.

If there something that I can do to avoid this issue? If not, what
should I change on receiving a document to have it paged properly
automatically. I would be happy with a toggle function - ie, receive a
document, do one or two things, and the document automatically get
back to the intended paging, then just before sending it out, reverse
the steps you used on receiving so that people using MS office don't
get pissed off.

Any help here would be highly appreaciated.

Regards,
William