IT360 trade-show-only not free this year

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 23 02:06:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 1:47 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I generally go to these shows (Linuxworld, it360, ...) to see the
>  tradeshow part.  They have always been free if you registered early
>  enough.
>
>  I notice that this year it costs $20.  I got a mailing with a coupon
>  that lets me register for $15.
>
>  Have I missed something?
>
>  This may make an interesting change to the show.  We'll see.  Or maybe
>  I won't.

That'll be interesting to discuss at the exec meeting, Monday...

I expect they'll have a LOT fewer trade show attendees, at that price.

Mind you, it's not obvious that the organizers were benefiting
particularly from the "free traffic," so it's not *staggeringly*
surprising.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results." -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling