Penguicon v6.0

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 20 19:52:59 UTC 2008

I have no affiliation with this convention and I'm not receiving a
kickback for posting this: I just like the idea.  And this year I'll
be able to go!  To clarify: there's a lot of overlap between fans of
OSS and SF, this is the sixth year for this convention, and Troy is
essentially a suburb of Detroit.

Penguicon 6.0
Convention of Science Fiction and Open Source Software

April 18-20, 2008 - Hilton, Troy MI

Tech Guest of Honor: Jono Bacon, Ubuntu Community Manager for Canonical
Tech Guest of Honor: Benjamin Mako Hill - Debian/GNU, MIT Media Lab,
Free Software Foundation, Ubuntu, Wikimedia
Author Guest of Honor: Vernor Vinge, Multiple Hugo winning science
fiction author, computing visionary
Author Guest of Honor: Tamora Pierce, fantasy author, co-founder of
Sheroes Central
Webcomics Guest of Honor: Randall Munroe of xkcd
Gaming Guest of Honor: Keith Baker, creator of Ebberon world for
Dungeons and Dragons
Hack of Honor: The Giant Singing Tesla Coils

New 120-player LAN party at MPCon!

http://penguicon.org/

--
Giles