NFS server - /proc/net/rpc/nfsd

Asaf Maruf asafmaruf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 19 21:58:58 UTC 2008

Hello Rob

Did you restart nfs after changing the number of threads (RPCNFSDCOUNT).

The threads are activated on a per request basis and will reach a maximum of
32 in your case. I am not sure if that will show the new number of threads
via /proc.

Asaf

On Feb 19, 2008 4:24 PM, Rob Sutherland <sutherland_rob-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> --- Asaf Maruf <asafmaruf-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > Here are some tips you could use to improve overall
> > performance:
> >

> Thanks Asaf - those all look like good tips. One thing
> I've noticed is that after I bump the number of server
> instances to 32 and did a 'cat /proc/net/rpc/nfsd' the
> th line still showed only 8 entries rather than 32. Is
> there any way to get it show the stats on all 32
> instances?
>
> Rob
>

> Rob Sutherland
>
> 'I is Popeye O'Borg.
>  Yez will be askimigulated'

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much
more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be
wrong." - Richard P. Feynman