Debian unstable upgrade

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 19 17:32:50 UTC 2008

I have just tried on a second computer to dist-upgrade a new Etch install
to 'unstable'.  I did this twice on computer 1, all three attempts have ended
the same way.

The download of 800+ files completes and then the error message pops up,

Internal error, Could not perform immediate configuratiion (2) on tzdata

tzdata seems to be correct

At one time I used some apt-get option to carry on an upgrade I believe, but
it isn't in my memory bank or notes.

Perhaps an upgrade to unstable and then a dist-upgrade is a better idea?
Since nothing has happened to Etch yet, I could just quit, do the upgrade and
it would use the files already downloaded? Then do a dist-upgrade if all is
well?

Thanks for your time

--
Merv Curley