set up studio

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 14 11:30:47 UTC 2008

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:

>On Feb 9, 2008 9:23 AM,  <chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>

>>Sorry, in advance, for the long post. I want to record my songs but I'm
>>having trouble just setting up the software/hardware infrastructure (if that
>>term works). I thought if you knew my layout and challenges, I could get
>>some general advice (instead of just specific things like, 'this is a good
>>amp', and 'this is a good software mixer'), so that my studio, though not
>>state-of-the-art, will at least be functional - so that everything works
>>together well. Here are my challenges:
>>

>Ubuntu Studio, 64Studio, or others?

Sorr, for the close-to-top-post. I left all the text below to refresh
your memeory of this thread. Hmmm, Ubuntu Studio looks promising. I
wonder what version of alsa loads with that. Do I just run sudo apt-get
install ubuntu-studio to install it? I understand that it's too big to
burnt to a CD...

Chris