What do net attackers look for?

Kristian Erik Hermansen kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 13 23:27:35 UTC 2008

On Feb 13, 2008 3:20 PM, Mike Oliver <moliver-fC0AHe2n+mcIvw5+aKnW+Pd9D2ou9A/h at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Good advice, which I follow.  As I say, my ipv6 filtering is not so
> much filtering as it is total blocking, because I don't know enough about
> ipv6 to write rules about which I feel confident.  What I want to know is,
> suppose it was open for five or ten minutes during setup, and suppose I used
> an old password that someone might conceivably have had on record waiting for
> an opportunity to use it.  Would you reinstall for that?

Not usually.  However, TCSEC guidelines depend on how crucial the
server is.  Read up on it.  Also, I recommend trying to get your CISSP
certification if you are asking such questions as it shows you have a
good mindset in thinking about these things :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCSEC
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"Know something about everything and everything about something."