Inexpensive RAID1 card required

Teddy Mills teddymills-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 8 18:25:36 UTC 2008

There are a number of servers I have, that do not have RAID installed.
I cannot easily add mdadm, and create a software RAID on these various servers. (many distros etc.)

I was wondering if there was a inexpensive Linux RAID1 card.
I dont want the RAID card to be another SPOF.
That is, if the RAID1 fails;
I can just connect either of the RAID1 drives back in to the SATA or IDE connectors on the motherboard.

And most definitely, I do not want to "reformat" any of my servers to make a RAID1.
(This would create reliance on the RAID card, and that is what I am trying to avoid)

I would hope the Rcard would work as a RAID1 with as little modification as possible.

/teddy