Linux DVD authoring tools

JoeHill joehill-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 7 17:26:49 UTC 2008

Tyler Aviss wrote:

> Every now and then I throw this one out to see if anything has
> changed. Adding to JoeHill's comment about Linux video conversion
> tools, does anyone know of good DVD authoring/creation software? I've
> used a variety, but I haven't found anything that's overly good at
> doing much more than converting to DVD-format files and then burning
> an ISO (menu editing kinda sucks, etc).
>
> Any good (graphical) toolkits that do conversion, editing, and
> encoding well? As much as I love commandline, even I don't really care
> for laying out a DVD in an XML file VS a GUI.

I would recommend trying Tovid. I am not a big fan of the GUI myself, but it is
fairly simple to use and can create some really cool menu effects.

It handles every step for you, from converting the videos to NTSC compliant
MPEGs, through to authoring and burning the DVD.

If you try Tovid, I highly recommend joining the googlegroups list and checking
out the latest SVN. The developers will literally bend over backwards to help
you get the results you want.

http://tovid.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

--
JoeHill