a small extra job opportunity (administrator/web developer)

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 6 23:56:39 UTC 2008

This is indeed a small job, just 200 C$ fixed per month, for about 10
hours of work monthly; This possibility may continue for a longer time
period, not just months.

My friend rents servers at linode.com, for his small company and for
at least two other companies. I used to do the work but my main full
time work takes nearly all my attention and I can hardly take care of
his stuff.

Hence, perhaps it would be ideal for a student, or for anyone wishing
to work a few hours more per month? There is no such thing like strict
reporting of time spend, or when the work is done, just it ought to be
done at your convenience. Occasionally there is some simple
programming needed, designing of simple HTML, etc. First of all taking
care that things are running all the time is crucial.

Hence, the requirement is knowing basic HTML, hardly desirable is
knowing PHP, apache, as well postgres, postfix would be nice, but the
most important are somewhat more than basic only Linux administration
skills, since that person would have full root access to servers. The
servers are configured already and running safe for a longer time
period.

I would occasionally help if needed, or guide in learning the stuff.

Anyone wish to try?

zb.