w2k/u7.10 dual-boot

chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 6 21:01:27 UTC 2008

Lennart Sorensen writes:

> On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 07:30:33PM -0500, chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org wrote:
>> Okay, I ran CHKDSK in Recovery Console and got this message:
>>
>> 'The volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems.'
>
> Hmm, then something is seriously wrong with that windows install.  I
> have no idea what would have caused that.

Yeah, and I duplicated the problem on another hard drive. So, unless ubuntu
doesn't like sharing with W2K *on this particular model* (they are
identical) of drive, we can rule out hardware failure...unless both hard
drives are physically damaged in the same way. Unlikely.

Well. this will be awkward (but not impossible: I'll be recording music with
the emu1212m in W2K on one hard drive (in a removable drive bay) then I
remove that hard drive, then insert another to everything else (on ubuntu).

'Cause I ain't gettin' back into Windows for everything - that's fer damn
sure.

Chris

W2K

<snip>