w2k/u7.10 dual-boot

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 6 20:35:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 02:27:31PM -0500, chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Well, I could try installing W2K on ntfs but won't that make other problems
> for me later doing backups from machine to machine or remote printing or
> sharing files and whatnot? I just want to run W2K because it runs the
> emu1212m, but I don't want to constantly be fooling around with permissions
> because of ntfs. I mean our home network will remain mostly linux...

Writing to NTFS is a problem from linux.  Reading works fine, so while
you would not be able to add files to windows from linux, you can copy
files from windows using linux.  Having a shared drive for data using
FAT32 is handy, but for the main drive for windows I would recommend
sticking with NTFS.

--
Len Sorensen