Tiny Linux-powered laptop -- Canadian!

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 5 14:33:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 08:58:42PM -0500, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> You may have heard about the OLPC, the EeePC and the Cloudbook.
>
> Now... how about another one, designed (quietly!) in Canada?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InkMedia
>
> Am I the only one who didn't know about this?

Hmm, 1GB storage, 256MB ram, arm processor with no fpu with 800x600 8"
screen.  Read only filesystem design, with external usb storage required
to store files by design, and being and arm based system, installing
another distribution with a different way of managing the storage is
generally quite difficult.  arm systems are among the most varied
architecture around.  No two are ever really alike.

EeePC: 2GB storage, 512MB ram, x86 CPU with FPU, 800x480 7" screen.
General purpose computer that you can technically install anything you
want on (a number of linux distributions have been installed
successfully, as has windows XP).

Both supposedly selling for about $300.

No wonder no one has heard of the inkmedia.  It isn't exactly
interesting is it.

--
Len Sorensen