GTALug at IT360

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 5 04:46:03 UTC 2008

Just to sum up the discussions regarding IT360 this
evening.

A consensus seems to be developing around the booth
design that assumes we will be building three
interconnected "panels (likely some sort of tube frame
with a fabric cover). Each panel will be approx. 4' x
8' and laid out in a sort of (as seen from above)
pattern:

/

\

This gives us a simple solid stable arrangement.
Questions still under discussion are, do we want to go
with a metal tube frame or ABS plastic? Key concerns
are, the design needs to be light, easily
disassembled, easily transported (ideally we want a
situation where 3-4 people could in a pinch transport
the booth via subway).

Talk about the frame cover centred around warm
coloured fabric, that was Velcro friendly...

Other booth furnishings needed for the show will be a
pair of bistro chairs (i.e.: we want volunteers to be
able to sit down, while still being able to look an
average visitor in the eye).

Some debate as to what to feed the volunteers staffing
the booth. Past years we have feed the volunteers
chocolate mints... May repeat that this year. Keep in
mind that any food brought into the Metro Convention
Centre must pass their okay (so, NO nuts, must be
individually wrapped snack size items are the key
issues to get their blessing).

Handouts, we may just recycle last year's efforts
(these will need to be reviewed).

Buttons. We have everything needed to do a bunch of
additional 2.25" round pin pack style buttons for
GTALug volunteers. Question is, what artwork. Last two
years we have done a variation on the GTALug logo
found on the website. Suggestions for this year ranged
from Tux in a business suit, to Tux wearing a helmet
holding a rocket launcher. This needs to be decided...

Posters, we need some stuff that will help sell GTALug
memberships. Also, discussion about a poster
mentioning GTALug folks who will be speaking at the
IT360 show (there are at least three of us...).

Still to be discussed, organizing booth volunteer
staff...

Colin McGregor