thunderbird font size

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 2 19:08:10 UTC 2008

When doing a Reply to an email (in Thunderbird) the font is too big.
This apparently is not a problem with a freshly-minted email (as you can
see in this one). What's changed on my system is that I did a re-install
of ubuntu. I copied my mail file (just what I generically call it - a
mail /directory/ really) to my computer from the backed up copy.

I don't keep my mail file in .mozilla-thunderbird. Instead, I keep it in
a folder that I back up regularly (so I won't forget to back it up) -
let's call my mail directory (and location), /bckupdrv/mymail.  I'm
wondering if there's a preferences (or called whatever) file/directory
that is in the original (default) mail folder. So, in my
directory-of-choice I can't get Thunderbird settings to persist. For
example, I have to go to Format>Size  and choose 'small', or hit the
little A v button in the Formatting Toolbar (above the contents pane) -
but the setting won't persist (from email-to-email). And, again, this
seems to only be a problem doing a Reply To (not a fresh email).

Any suggestions?

Chris