help

Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 1 20:45:32 UTC 2008

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 06:43:45AM -0500, chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org wrote:
>
>> I guess I can't install that with apt-get...
>>

> Well one method would be to just get the .deb packages from somewhere
> that has them such as ubuntu hardy.

Okay, I have my new ubuntu 7.10 installation. I'm ready to install alsa
1.0.15 now.
> You can get the .deb's and install them with dpkg -i blah.deb ...
>
> You can find them here:
> http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-driver/
> http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-lib/
> http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-utils/
> http://ca.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-plugins/

So, to instal those I follow the links to download and they'll contiain
readme files to install?
> And you can get the alsa-firmware for 1.0.15 from the same place you got
> it before, or you can get it here:
>
> http://ppa.launchpad.net/tsmithe/ubuntu/pool/main/a/alsa-firmware/

Do I do that by putting that repo (above) into /etc/apt/sources.list the
running 'sudo apt-get install alsa-firmware?

Chris