Any ALSA experts here?

Peter plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 23:57:23 UTC 2008

Howard Gibson <hgibson at ...> writes:

> On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:16:28 -0500
> Evan Leibovitch <evan at ...> wrote:
>

> > Hey all,
> >
> > I bought a USB webcam for a computer (running Ubuntu 8.10) that includes
> > an integrated microphone (The Microsoft NX-6000, they still make decent
> > hardware...)
> >
> > In a reverse situation from most user problems, I have the webcam
> > working fine but not the microphone.

Usually you need to check for the special driver needed for the sound input
device on the camera. It may or may not be supported. It depends on the chipset.
Get the USB ID of the device(s) and check for compatibility on the net, or post
the numbers here and we will try to look ... you want both the camera and the
mike data (usually the mike is an unrecognized usb endpoint but it can be a
separate device).

Peter