GRAH!?!

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 19 18:46:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Matt Price <matt.price-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 11:45 -0500, Madison Kelly wrote:
>> Ok, so this guy (who is on this list, Hey buddy!) seems to have an
>> unhealthy obsession with tearing about CtC's wiki.
>>
>> ... At the library:
>> http://www.codetocode.net/index.php/Special:Contributions/207.61.160.163
>>
>> ... Through Bell (home or net cafe?):
>> http://www.codetocode.net/index.php/Special:Contributions/70.54.110.62
>>
>> And just now from Toronto (City Hall?):
>> http://www.codetocode.net/index.php/Special:Contributions/206.130.173.55
>>
>>    Using the timestamps, could a list admin see if a registered member
>> logged into their email from one of those IP addresses? Given the
>> hateful, bigoted nature of the vandalisms I am getting quite upset with
>> this ... friend.
>>
>>    I know he's a TLUG member because the first vandalism came withing
>> minutes of initially mentioning the project on this list, and that was
>> the first public announcement of the project I've made.
>>

> i don't have any info about this but just wanted to say sorry to hear
> abou this, how gross.

Can't say as I've seen messages like these ever directed to Linux &
FOSS users/developers.  I'll spare the list the actual comments (the
CtC's recent changes page has them if you really want to know) but I
also find them disturbing.

I don't believe that there are any appropriate places to spread
messages of hate, but least of all are places of learning or sharing
and open communities such as TLUG or the CtC wiki.  Isn't there enough
bluddy trouble in the world already?

To the vandal:  I was going to add a special message for you but
you're just not worth my time.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/