40-year-old computer mouse demo still amazes

Robert Brockway robert-5LEc/6Zm6xCUd8a0hrldnti2O/JbrIOy at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 17 02:34:50 UTC 2008

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008, James Knott wrote:

> IIRC, there was some remote collaboration app available for OS/2, but I
> don't remember much about it.  I think you'll find a lot of innovation,
> over the years, has been killed by Microsoft.

I'd have to agree but try convincing the person in the street :)  They see
what has happened not what could have happened.  As much as anyone can be
prescient computing professionals are in the best position to see "what
might have been".

I don't think MS set out to quash innovation but monopolies are inherently
non-innovative.

Cheers,

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy