New project, "Code to Code"

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 16 20:44:51 UTC 2008

Marc Lanctot wrote:
> I still think it's better to look up what you're trying to do first, and
> maybe rather than list how to do it in all languages, you could have the
> option to choose your source language and target language, and see how
> it's done side-by-side along with user-contributed notes specific to the
> selection of source+target languages.
>
> Marc

That is exactly the kind of format I am hoping will develop! :)

Would this be what you are thinking, except having the example boxes
side by side instead of one over the other, for easier reading.

-------
'''Perl to Javascipt'''

== Arrays ==

Unlike in perl, where the length of the array is ..., javascript uses
the '.length' object to return the arrays length.

In perl, you would do:
for (my $i=0; $i<@arr; $i++)
{
	# Code...