Teacher tells students Linux is "illegal"

phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org
Fri Dec 12 20:24:12 UTC 2008

>> She's clueless but I thought the Linux guy was a bit condescending about
>> the whole thing.

The next shoe drops in this story. This reinforces my instinct that a
careful, dispassionate rebuttal is the best way to answer nonsense about
Linux.

http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2008/12/character-assasinations-aint-us.html

So instead of crafting a measured, count-for-count personal response, I
chose to share her obvious ignorance with members of the Linux Community.
It was meant to illustrate the maddening ignorance and bias a Linux
Advocate faces in a Microsoft Windows world. It was also meant to
digitally spank the hand of the offender. It was a good direction to go I
thought.

Things pretty much turned to fecal flakes from there.

Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto
http://www.syscompdesign.com
USB Oscilloscope and Waveform Generator
647-839-0325