Odd DNS issue just now

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 10 18:56:50 UTC 2008

Was wondering if anyone else just had some strange DNS issues?

Querying for several domains, including google.ca and google.com,
returned answers like this:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
$ dig google.ca @204.101.251.1

; <<>> DiG 9.5.0-P2 <<>> google.ca @204.101.251.1
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 41733
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;google.ca.			IN	A

;; Query time: 79 msec
;; SERVER: 204.101.251.1#53(204.101.251.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Dec 10 13:43:03 2008
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 27

Notice the empty A record? I tried against My DNS servers, Interlink's
DNS servers and against a couple of Bell's DNS servers and got the same
results.

After about ten minutes it all came back fine. Curious how widespread
this was, if at all.

Madi