Linux growth

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Dec 3 17:39:16 UTC 2008

2008/12/2 ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org>:
> I always like when i see linux mentioned in articles in the main stream, i.e.

I think we all do.  But any long-time Linux user has been seeing stats
like the ones you mentioned for up to a decade, and it's just not
worth worrying about.  Can you change it?  Not by reading the
articles, maybe by participating.

> i guess i am bummed out that we might be stuck at the 1% mark, and are now strictly at the mercy of pre-installed HW sales, for any more growth in the linux market.

Not at all.  Consider it a foot in the door.  Many people are becoming
accustomed to Linux on their netbooks, and when they go to buy a
desktop (or more likely a cellphone or laptop) they may request Linux.
 And so the Linux market share continues to grow, slowly.

--
Giles
http://www.gilesorr.com/
gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org