OT: Is any hard disk brand better/worse than the others?

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Dec 1 15:24:22 UTC 2008

I wouldn't recommend Maxtor. In both my personal experience and that
of servicing other people's PC's, they tend to self-destruct rather
badly. Others I've had issues with, but they usually tend to give me a
little forewarning beforehand. Seagate is also owned by Maxtor now.
Fujitsu I've also seem abysmal ROF with a few years back, and not
bought since.

It's been awhile since I've bought any new drives, but the last few
Samsung drives I got are still kickin'
With any brand nowadays, if you want your storage to be safe I
recommend backups or a cheap RAID (and some form of SMART-type
monitoring so you know if it starts to die)

- TJA

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> --

Tyler Aviss