debugging javascript

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 31 13:20:56 UTC 2008

Hello

I am teaching myself AJAX, and have now gotten to the point where no
syntax errors are reported. I am using Javascript and HTML for now, to
get a dropdown menu.

The failed script follows an example in Steven Holzner's Ajax Bible pp
379-400. It's at: http://hackingajax.alimentarus.net/sixth.shtml, if
anyone wants to see the error console.

I have tried ddd, greasemonkey, and a number of other debuggers,
including firefox's own error console, under Linux. All of them have
seem to have this same screwball way of numbering the lines. Apparently
the error is being reported on line 344 on a file which has only 150 or
so lines.

When seen under Explorer, the page is completely blank.

If anyone can shed light on this issue, I would be grateful.

Paul King