piano-tuning software

Elliott Chapin echapin-R6A+fiHC8nRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 29 17:35:59 UTC 2008

I think you've missed my point; let me elaborate: Beyond, say,  setting
up CyberTuner according to pre-tuning consultation with the player there
are questions such as: We have two of the same make/model/year - what
are the strings like right now (usually different)? What are you going
to do when all three strings of a single treble note are false with
different internal beats (a quite common situation). And that's not all ...

CyberTuner might have the best chance if you're tuning at the Ex or in a
Legion hall on Sat. afternoon in a Legion Hall as I have had to do.
Machines, s/w can speed things up, but even then there is no substitute
for a good ear to vet the result.

The best tuners can do fine with just a tuning fork, + "hammer"(wrench)
and no felts or rubber wedges to dampen strings that aren't being worked
on at the moment; and take away the hammers/dampers for good measure
(it's called an "open tuning").

--

http://clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin