piano-tuning software

Steve Harvey sgh-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 28 18:04:15 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 01:29:59PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 11:43:14AM -0400, Mr Chris Aitken wrote:
> > Yeah, I actually already tried that and other things:
> >
> > chris at cpc:~$ piano -h
> > chris at cpc:~$ piano --help
> > chris at cpc:~$ piano
> > chris at cpc:~$ cd piano-1.1
> > chris at cpc:~/piano-1.1$ piano -h
> > chris at cpc:~/piano-1.1$ piano --help
> > chris at cpc:~/piano-1.1$ piano -h'
> > >
> > chris at cpc:~/piano-1.1$ piano -h'!'
> > chris at cpc:~/piano-1.1$
>
> Try: ~/piano-1.1/piano -h
> or: cd puano-1.1; ./piano -h
>
> The current directory is NOT in the PATH on any sane system, so you have
> to specify the path explicitly to run any program not in the PATH.

  Try running the program from a text console.  The help screen and
diagnostics will remain visible after program termination unlike running
it in an xterm where the the curses library will restore the previous
window contents.  If you run the program in a sufficiently slow xterm
setup, you will see the window contents flash.

-sgh