piano-tuning software

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 28 12:46:02 UTC 2008

Tom Low-Shang wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 07:15:50PM -0400, Mr Chris Aitken wrote:
>

>> Okay, 'm trying to install this. What Am I doing wrong?
>>
>> chris at cpc:/tmp$ tar -zxvf piano-1.1.tar.gz
>>

> Try the whole exercise in your home directory. Maybe /tmp is mounted
> noexec, so the test programs that configure creates, cannot run.

Okay, I tried it in my home directory with the same results:

chris at cpc:~$ tar -zxvf piano-1.1.tar.gz
piano-1.1/
piano-1.1/README
piano-1.1/piano.h
piano-1.1/term.h
piano-1.1/filter.h
piano-1.1/filter-i386.h
piano-1.1/AUTHORS
piano-1.1/COPYING
piano-1.1/ChangeLog
piano-1.1/INSTALL
piano-1.1/Makefile.am
piano-1.1/Makefile.in
piano-1.1/NEWS
piano-1.1/TODO
piano-1.1/aclocal.m4
piano-1.1/config.guess
piano-1.1/config.h.in
piano-1.1/config.sub
piano-1.1/configure
piano-1.1/configure.in
piano-1.1/depcomp
piano-1.1/install-sh
piano-1.1/missing
piano-1.1/mkinstalldirs
piano-1.1/mkcostab.c
piano-1.1/mktonetab.c
piano-1.1/main.c
piano-1.1/costabf.c
piano-1.1/term.c
piano-1.1/demod_fine.c
piano-1.1/demod_piano.c
piano-1.1/tonetab.c
piano-1.1/refreq.c
piano-1.1/piano.1
piano-1.1/piano.spec
piano-1.1/htmlup
piano-1.1/index.html
chris at cpc:~$ cd piano-1.1
chris at cpc:~/piano-1.1$ ./configure
/home/chris/piano-1.1/missing: Unknown `--run' option
Try `/home/chris/piano-1.1/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: `missing' script is too old or missing
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gawk... (cached) mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
chris at cpc:~/piano-1.1$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
chris at cpc:~/piano-1.1$