Fwd: Please Stand Against the New Copyright Bill

jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Aug 28 00:04:34 UTC 2008

> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 04:06:44PM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
>>DRM certainly can prevent free lending libraries.  But it can be used
>>to create reasonable for-pay models.  I like free lending libraries
>>but that isn't a fundamental right -- everything is on the table, even
>>if this isn't recognized by the public (or the party in power).
>
> Libraries are not free.  You pay for them with your taxes.
>
> --
> Neil Watson
> System Administrator for hire
> http://watson-wilson.ca

When I visited London and St. Thomas (both in Ontario), I was stunned by
the charges for a nonlocal Canadian taxpayer to use their services.

James ('Jim') E. McIntosh
<jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>