Some Thoughts on Copyright

Dave Germiquet davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 27 23:37:55 UTC 2008

Hi,

My opinion on this is:

What happens if your old blu-ray disc player gets destroyed, does that
mean all your current Bluray disc is no longer playable on your new
player?
And I bought this media .. I know some dvd's are limited time only ,
what happens if these disc get ruined, why should it be illegal for me
to have a backup of that?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Ansar Mohammed <ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> I think that the examples that people have written about on here are
>> pretty clear cut. If I own a song or CD, I think it is _ridiculous_ for
>> someone to argue that I should have to pay for three copies of said
>> song so I can play it in my car, on my iPod, and in my CD player. It's
>> just really stupid.
>

> IMHO this is what the RIAA and MPAA want. This is why some blu-ray discs become "bound" to the first player they are played in.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BD+

The man who is always a newbie at something,
Dave Germiquet

Everytime I learn something new,
I realize I know very little.