Fwd: Please Stand Against the New Copyright Bill

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 26 20:13:44 UTC 2008

| From: Ken O. Burtch <ken-8VyUGRzHQ8IsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>

| I once slid my car into a ditch and walked down the road for help.  The farmer
| said he'd pull me out if I paid him $20.  When I didn't have that much money,
| he took down my drivers license and threatened to take me to court if he
| helped me and I didn't pay him.  I don't want to live in a world like that,
| where people are vicitmized in the name of turning a profit.

I lived on a farm when I was a kid.  Someone slid off the road and
asked for help.  I loaned him a length of rope which was my current
prized possession.  He drove off without returning it.

(A kid with a length of rope as a prize possession?  Rope is a lot of
fun.  I took it to school and during recess we organized a spontaneous
tug-of-war.  So much fun that the teachers banned it from school.)