PCI Serial Card - Debian

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 25 20:06:04 UTC 2008

I have been using a card with 2 ports for several years and a couple of days
ago I moved it to a new computer I just assembled.  Sidux 2008 is the distro
but it is basically Debian Sid with some Sidux utils.  Well so far the three
pieces of hardware I have tried don't work, they do with the onboard ttyS0.

Setserial - a /dev/ttyS1 indicates a 16550 Uart and assigned IRQ of 20.  Same
for ttyS2.  No UART in ttyS3.

What else can I check to see if these should work?  Never had a problem before
with any distro and don't feel like installing SuSE 11/Mandriva etc just to
see if they initialize the ports.

Thoughts?  and thanks...

--
Merv Curley