AS/400 How does it look?

Rob Sutherland sutherland_rob-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 24 22:42:35 UTC 2008

> And for this purpose, you can include application
> programmers with the
> users (if you did not mean that already).  One of the
> reasons for my
> productivity as a programmer--pay no attention to the
> jeering from the
> cheap seats--is the vast amount of advanced technology
> which I need not
> pay attention to.

Amen to that. The amount of sheer jerking about you have to do
to keep up with the latest is awesome. I got a lot more accomplished when it was just me, a text editor and a compiler. System 34 etc were not
too bad - OTOH, using MVS was kind of like kicking a dead
whale down the beach. I must admit, I kind of liked 'programming' in
RPG, once you memorized the flowchart, that is :-)

Rob
Rob Sutherland
http://www.myspace.com/gylany