[Fwd: RE: Please Stand Against the New Copyright Bill]

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 24 02:53:59 UTC 2008

Just noticed something in this message that might be worth pointing out:

[...]
Subject:        RE: Please Stand Against the New Copyright Bill
Date:   Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:13:19 -0400
From:   Khan, Wajid - M.P. <Khan.W-o8LxKXBI9Raw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>
[...]
> The Bill does not empower border agents to seize your iPod or laptop at
> border crossings, contrary to recent public speculation.

That's what ACTA, the "super-secret" Anti-Counterfeiting Trade
Agreement, is for.  Interestingly - as a trade agreement it apparently
doesn't require parliamentary oversight.

I say "super-secret" because for some reason information has been
really hard to come by in Canada.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Counterfeiting_Trade_Agreement

--
  Scott Elcomb