AS/400 How does it look?

jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 23 20:21:18 UTC 2008

> Hallo there,
>
> I happen to notice that a lot of Canadian companies uses IBM AS/400.
> However, I haven't been fortunate to come across it and I am curious
> how it look. Does it have any familiarity to Unix? What would be
> reason that make it more popular in Canada than in USA?
>
> Just curious.
>
> Regards,
>
> William

Mr. Terrence Enger is our expert on that line of computers.

I believe that an advanced form of RPG (Report Program Generator) is used
for a lot of the applications.

The hardware description is almost a trade secret.

But, what do I know ? Nothing. Ask Terry.

Jim McIntosh <jemcinto-cpI+UMyWUv+w5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>