virtual machines able to network between host and guest os

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 22 14:47:28 UTC 2008

I've managed my host OS from VirtualBox (SCP, etc), but not the other
way around (also IP 10.0.2.15).
VMWare uses a Tunnel for network connectivity, but from the docs it
appears that VirtualBox uses a username NAT.

There's some discussion of it online in their forums:

http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=8561

I haven't tried it myself though, but now that you've brought up the
question perhaps I'll find some time this weekend to see about playing
with the networking.

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM, teddymills <teddy-5sHjOODPK7E at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> My computer runs Ubuntu and eth0 IP 192.168.1.10
> My VirtualBox IP of EzCacti is 10.0.2.15
> Guest OS EzCacti can access the internet, but cannot ping anywhere. (no
> problems there)
> Guest OS EzCacti is not accessible from my host Ubuntu OS. (this is the
> problem)
>
> Are there any other virtual machines, that allow the
> HOST OS and Guest OS to communicate via the network?
>
> With network trickery, can you make VirtualBox do this?
>
> /teddy

Tyler Aviss
Systems Support
LPIC/LPIC-2