Little Linux Laptop: $324.46

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 22 03:43:53 UTC 2008

This looks like an interesting deal.

This week, Buy.com Canada is taking 7% off all prices. This includes
their listing for the Acer One, which is an EeePC-like system.

Specs (cut and pasted from the Acer site): Linpus Linux Lite;
English/French OS (user must make one-time choice of language on first
start-up); Intel® Atom Processor N270 (512KB L2 cache, 1.60GHz, 533MHz
FSB); 512MB DDR2 533 SDRAM; 8GB NAND flash memory (SSD), multi-in-one
card reader, SD Card reader; 8.9" WSVGA (1024 x 600) TFT display, Acer®
CrystalBrite Technology; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950;
802.11b/g WLAN, 10/100 LAN, webcam; seashell white chassis; three-cell
battery

Another version, including a 120GB hard disk instead of 8GB SSD (and
blue instead of white), is selling for the same price.

Note: I have no financial interest in this, I don't know any more about
it, I've never bought from buy.com and I won't be needing one myself.
But this seems like a very good buy for a 9"  laptop, about $200 less
than the Asus 901. And isn't it nice to be able to buy computers without
the Windows Tax now?

- Evan