CD-Rom Drive Not Mounting

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Aug 15 18:02:29 UTC 2008

| From: Stephen <stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>

| I played with cdparanoia a bit. Its output finds the CD-ROM as shown below.
|
| So how should I set up fstab?
|
| An explanation as to why would be greatly appreciated!

This CD is an audio CD, not a data CD (assuming I am interpreting the
cdparanoia output correctly).

There is no audio CD filesystem driver that I know of.  So you cannot
mount an audio CD.

You don't need to mount an audio CD to use it (i.e. play or rip music
from it).

I don't know why nobody has bothered to write an audio CD filesystem
driver.  It would expect it to be easy and ever-so-slightly useful.