piano-tuning software

Mr Chris Aitken chris-n/jUll39koHNgV/OU4+dkA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 13 17:47:56 UTC 2008

My wife and I are expanding our guitar lessons business to include piano
tuning. She will be getting a Peterson Strobe tuning machine. I,
however, will get a laptop with CyberTuner software. Before I get a Mac
notebook to run the software I thought I would at least /look/ at linux.
What inspired me to look at linux was that I saw an ASUS notebook at
Krazy Krazy that comes loaded with ASUS linux. Of course it comes with a
Windows CD as well (I guess to bail if you don't like linux). Does
anyone know of piano-tuning software that works (for sure) in linux?

This has to be something that works. I can't do one of these things like
when I screwed around for six months trying to record on the E-MU 1212m
pci in audacity (in linux) only to find out later that in fact there was
no fully-functional linux driver for that card. I need this to work - we
are taking over a huge client list for the piano-tuning. We want the
software to speed things up (over the ear-only method), not to slow
things down.

Chris