Lovely sale on some thinkpads today

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 12 20:53:14 UTC 2008

Apparently today there is a sale on thinkpads which looks pretty nice.

I tried checking the price of a T61 which worked out like this:
T9300 2.5GHz CPU
Vista Ultimate
15.4" WSXGA+ (1680x1050) display
Intel X3100 GM965 graphics (works great with linux although 3D isn't fast).
4GB (2x2GB) PC2-5300 ram
Fingerprint scanner
intel 4965AGN wireless (works very well with linux)
160GB 7200rpm drive
DVD recorder
9 cell battery

They list it as regularly $2124, on sale during upgrade sale pricing for
$1544.25, and then after todays employee pricing coupon (CAPYPWWP) an
additional $231.64 saving, giving a total of $1312.61 apparently.  That
sounds pretty cheap for a quite well equiped thinkpad that is supposed
to work great with Linux.  Picking the cheapest windows version and a
smaller disk should make it even cheaper of course.

I think the T61p often has nvidia graphics which would be nice if 3D
graphics are needed, but the plain T61 still looks nice, and can be run
fully open source

--
Len Sorensen