someone is using my email address to spam, is there a way to stop this ?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 11 14:56:32 UTC 2008

James Knott wrote:
>> Marc Lanctot wrote:

>>> Do they force SSL or TLS? Do they also force authentication for
>>> outbound mail? If so then great.. the more ISPs do this, the better.
>>> I'm wondering why it wasn't done 10 years ago.
>>>
>>> Marc
>>>
>> As far as I know, it's inbound that filtered from off net and they
>> have another port.  They also require authentication for outbound
>> mail, but not ssl or tls.
>>

> Hmmm...  I just did a test and inbound port 25 is not blocked on Rogers.

I just did some testing at work and found Sympatico blocks incoming port
25.  Because of this, I cannot test from Rogers to see if they block
outgoing port 25.  Sympatico also blocks outgoing port 25.  I verified
this by running nmap against my home network and also with the port scan
at www.grc.com.  Nmap (on Sympatico) can't see port 25, but is can see
ssh, though www.grc.com can see both.  The only question remaining is
does Rogers block outgoing port 25.  I don't have the means to test that.