someone is using my email address to spam, is there a way to stop this ?

Phillip Mills phillip.mills1-HInyCGIudOg at public.gmane.org
Sat Aug 9 20:52:46 UTC 2008

On Aug 9, 2008, at 4:18 PM, Dave Cramer wrote:

> I'm getting all the bounces, any help would be appreciated.

I don't have any answers.  When it happens to me I sometimes send
semi-snarky messages to the admins of the servers, saying things
like: "My address resolves to a Canadian ISP and the Received: header
shows that the spam you got came from Bermuda.  There's a notable
distance between these.  Please stop adding to the internet's spam
problem."

I suspect it does no good, but at least it allows me to vent a little
about the absolute stupidity of anyone who would run software that
bounces messages to From: addresses.