[OT]: Cdn hosting for (extremely) high-load web sites?

Fernando Duran liberosec-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Wed Aug 6 14:21:41 UTC 2008

Hi there,

The server specs you're mentioning will be around the
$500 (give or take $100) on most decent host
providers.

At www.rimuhosting.com you can get a server with those
specs (with 500GB of transfer less) for $411/month
(plus setup):
http://rimuhosting.com/order/serverdetails.jsp?plan=DSRHTXXF1

I work for them btw ;-)

Two of the advantages we're offering is that you can
run one (or more) Virtual Private Servers on top of
the dedicated server with Xen, this has many upsides.
The other thing we're very well known for is the
quality of the support. We are a Linux-only shop and
very pro-OS.

Definitively shop around for the provider and look for
personal recommendations or real reviews in blogs etc.

One thing I used to do when looking for hosting was
sending an email with some technical questions (easy
and harder) off business hours, then I could see: the
response time, if the person answering was a sales
drone copy-pasting or a real tech etc.

Margins in the industry are very low and if a price
looks too cheap that should be suspicious.

Fernando

http://www.google.com/reader/shared/14892828400785741937
> --
> The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings:
> http://gtalug.org/
> TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text
> below 80 columns

Fernando Duran
http://www.fduran.com