Social networking

R.T. spamstinksmmmkay-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 5 16:54:19 UTC 2008

In that case, I still wouldn't recommend rebuilding the wheel.
Leverage the existing tech, that's what it's there for:

http://developers.facebook.com/
http://developer.myspace.com/community/
http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/overview.html
http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/
http://openid.net/

Unless your name is "Google" or "Facebook", it's going to be next to
impossible to show people value in *yet another account* for *yet
another walled garden*.