Social networking

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Aug 5 16:15:27 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 12:10:49PM -0400, R.T. wrote:
> You have internet access in the year 2008, and you have NEVER
> encountered Facebook, Myspace, Friendster, Orkut, Bebo, Classmates,
> Epinions, LinkedIn, etc.?
>
> I'd recommend playing with those before attempting to implement one
> yourself, since it's pretty much guaranteed to fail.

Hmm, I use facebook, I have heard of myspace (although have no idea what
it looks like), never heard of friendster, orkut, bebo, epinions, have
heard of linkedin but never looked at it, and have tried to use
classmates and declared it useless without paying them money which I see
no reason to do.

I could see how someone could have happily avoided all of them, given I
have certainly avoided at least half that list.

--
Len Sorensen