[OT]: Cdn hosting for (extremely) high-load web sites?

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Aug 4 16:33:07 UTC 2008

Over the last few days an opportunity has been offered to me that I'd
really like to jump on.  There are some hefty requirements that I'm
not used to having to deal with and would like to ask for help from
experienced community members when I get stuck.

This is likely the first in a series of questions (I'll keep it to a
minimum) over the next month or two.  When we're ready to go live,
I'll post the link[1].

My first question involves hosting providers.  The project is
high-impact and will likely draw in extremely large numbers of
one-time and repeat users.  (That's the purpose - we want to hit
100,000,000+ interactions before the end of the year.)

Can anyone recommend a hosting company that provides high-end
dedicated servers at a decent price?  I resell hosting as part of my
business operations, but the servers are located in Texas and the best
solution[1] my provider has will run me about $500 month.  I'd like to
know if there's a better deal out there, preferably Canadian.

I might also be looking for more direct help in various IS&T related
problems, in which case I'd like to know in advance if anyone minds my
posting problem descriptions and skill requirements here.

TIA,
- Scott

[1] Spoiler - I was planning a blog and writing the first post (a
step-by-step guide to building the pre-cursor to Atomic OS and WAJAX)
when this opportunity came up.  I haven't decided whether I'm in or
out just yet but either way I'll cover this projects story on "The
Hackers Itch" at http://psema4.com/blog/

[2] Quad-Core 3210 Xeon, 2x250gb SATA II with automated daily backups,
4GB RAM, 2,500GB of bandwidth, and all the open source you can ask
for.  Well almost anyway.  ;-)

--
 Scott Elcomb
 http://www.psema4.com/