Format USB HD

John Wildberger wildberger-iRg7kjdsKiH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Aug 3 18:06:09 UTC 2008

Christopher,

Since my last post I did a bit more experimenting and also a little bit of
reading. As it stands now I succeeded in splitting my 120G USB Drive into
two partitions. One with 90G that I formatted with NTFS, and a second one
with 30G that I formatted as FAT32.
It appears that Windows cannot accept any FAT32 with more than 32G
This worked out quite well, and so I did not follow your instruction with
the "-F 32" option. But I wonder if it would have overcome the 32G
limitation. It is too late for me to try this, because now that I have a
working system I am loath to start over again just to prove a point.
Thanks for your help,

John