Hans Reiser Guilty of First Degree Murder

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 30 13:33:51 UTC 2008

Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> Well at least its open source and the project can continue without him. But
> should they rename it considering the filesystem will be named after a
> convicted felon.. I mean who wants to use MansonFS or McVeighFS :P

  / \
  | |

Time to fork, I think. Yes, Resier is "just a name", but in this case,
it's the name of a (convicted) murderer. Yes, I know that the courts can
convict the innocent all too well. From the point of view of
"marketability" though, I don't think the ReiserFS has much of a long
term hope without a fork that can be pointed to by VARs to show a
certain degree of separation.

It's a terrible situation, no matter how you cut it. I feel terrible for
their kids. :(

Madi